Metadata Information Architect - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a Metadata Information Architect to work at a federal agency in the Washington, D.C. area providing high-quality Metadata support. Must be able to pass a background check. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) with benefits.
- Guide the development of functional information architecture requirements for Web applications and search, with other team members
- Define, advocate, and apply the best business and user experience best practices at system and UI level
- Work closely with the content team to drive the content strategy for blog, website, video, social and other content forms with the goal of improving findability in the enterprise
- Develop and maintain current state and future state information architecture artifacts for conceptual, logical and physical levels of abstraction
- Develop and manage information architecture for search application, map metadata, and controlled vocabularies to deliver focused, relevant information via site search or browse.
- Analyze content and advice users on content and metadata to improve findability of content
- Develop search optimization best practices and strategies
- Analyze search analytics, develop actions to be taken based on user behavior and develop reports showcasing overall statistics and use behavior
- Establish information architecture metrics to analyze user behavior patterns that drive IA and usability improvements to the Intranet and the enterprise in general
- Implement/modify Best Bets, suggested starting points for search results
- Work with users on responding to inquiries about findability issues
- Troubleshoot findability issues and recommend actions to improve overall findability
- Perform relevancy testing and suggest changes for better results
- Work with users to capture the functional requirements
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
- Identify issues and opportunities for future search and taxonomy growth.
- Work with various stakeholder groups to articulate information requirements and build familiarity with information architecture principles and artifacts
- Create metadata, taxonomy, and search plans and collaborate with other enterprise architecture domains to develop comprehensive solution architectures that include the information perspective
- Experience with search engine mechanisms and functionalities, combined with in-depth knowledge of search logic and results yielded from a query language
- Experience in Office 365 or SharePoint 2016 is highly desirable
- Experience with using metadata, taxonomies, controlled vocabularies, and search standards.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Visio, web analytics and concept mapping software desirable
- The ability to use charts and graphs to convey core architecture concepts;
- Familiarity with concepts in economics and finance
- Experience in search services, and a strong understanding and familiarity with controlled vocabularies and the principles and mechanics of effective information management tools including taxonomy formulation, metadata development, navigation design, and enterprise search.
- Ability to balance business requests with users growing needs in the development and growth of taxonomies.
- Direct experience in conducting and documenting user research, including scenarios, use cases, personas, and wireframes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with business sponsors and technologists
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to speak appropriately to a variety of audiences
- Good communication, influencing, interpersonal and negotiating skills. Adapts the content, style, and tone of communications to the needs of the audience; varies the language and business terms with different customers.
- Ability to think creatively about business problems and to connect research insights to business solutions
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in large organizations with geographically dispersed teams and complex technical environments
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitive to working in a multicultural environment.
- At least five years of related work experience
- Master’s degree in library, information or computer science-related field
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural, multi-project environment and ability to respond immediately to often changing business priorities.
- Must be a US Citizen
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.