Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) Indexer - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking an experienced, remote Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) Indexer to work on a tremendous research project associated with a distinguished University. The project will focus on reading through US patents and assigning MeSH terms to them. This project should last 1-2 months and the schedule is part-time/flexible. This role can be performed remotely, from anywhere in the US.
- Perform subject analysis and indexing of patents
- Create a short statement or sentence fragment, often extracted directly from the abstract or atext, that describes the new information about the patent.
- Other responsibilities include: subject indexing using MeSH terms, indexing comments, errata, and retractions
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in the biological sciences, or equivalent.
- Familiar with medical indexing manual, other indexing aids, and MeSH
- Must have experience with PubMed, Medline, or other medical journals/databases.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.