Media Resources Assistant (part-time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group seeks candidates for a freelance/part-time Media Resources Assistant position in Washington DC with one of the top national television network news organizations. The position will be 16 hours per week for the Saturday/Sunday shift (initial training will be during the week).
- Use various media software and editing tools as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter data, and create new and updated existing asset records
- Manage daily order processing, content and research requests and other tasks in the support of the daily ebb and flow of physical and digital assets into and out of the media production, broadcast and archive environments.
- Screen various video formats for content and to identify persons, places and other relevant information to the news archive
- Create and affix labels, process orders for footage and transcripts as well as physical and digital media assets
- Fulfill as-needed search requests, including finding and sourcing footage and content, often of an urgent, time-sensitive nature.
- Organize tapes and boxes of assets coming from other locations, and generally assist producers and their assistants in locating library materials
- Process requests for assets to be pulled from storage locations on and off site.
- 1-3 years of related experience in research/records/database management or similar experience.
- Experience with digital media asset tools and technologies is a plus.
- Experience with non-linear editing systems (ie. Avid NewsCutter, Final Cut Pro, etc.) is also a plus
- Must have a good knowledge of historical and current events
- Able to work autonomously
- Computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to quickly react to requests for information
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to follow instructions, maintain work and productivity schedules and benchmarks
- Punctual, reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedule provided
- Follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of working independently
- Work well under pressure
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately and must have excellent spelling skills
- Strong attention to detail
- This position will be primarily scheduled to work Saturday and Sunday but may also require other shifts as coverage and events require.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.