Media Resources Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks candidates for a freelance/part-time Media Resources Assistant position in Washington DC with one of the top national television network news organizations. The position will be 16 hours per week for the Saturday/Sunday shift (initial training will be during the week). If the candidate is available to work during the week as needed for vacation relief, it would be highly desirable. Candidate must be located in the Washington, DC area to work on site. Depending on news demands, they should be able to work remotely if needed.
- Use various media software and editing tools as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system.
- Enter data, and create new and updated existing asset records.
- Ingest and archive video from multiple video formats and storage mediums.
- Edit and archive daily video feeds.
- Manage server space and perform daily deletions.
- Screen various video formats for content and to identify persons, places and other relevant information to the news archive.
- Fulfill as-needed search requests, including finding and sourcing footage and content, often of an urgent, time-sensitive nature.
- Manage daily order processing, content and research requests and other tasks in the support of the daily ebb and flow of physical and digital assets into and out of the media production, broadcast and archive environments.
- Control circulation of SxS raw stock to camera crews and production staff.
- Re-format discs and cards after media has been archived.
- Experience with non-linear editing systems (ie. Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, etc.) is very desirable.
- 1-3 years of related experience in research/records/database management or similar experience.
- Experience with digital media asset tools and technologies is a plus.
- Must be comfortable in a time-sensitive environment and have excellent customer / client services skills.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately and must have excellent spelling skills.
- Must have a good knowledge of historical and current events.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to follow instructions, maintain work and productivity schedules and benchmarks.
- Must be punctual, reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedule provided.
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of working independently.
- Work well under pressure
- Able to work autonomously
- Computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to quickly react to requests for information
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to follow instructions, maintain work and productivity schedules and benchmarks
- Punctual, reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedule provided
- Follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of working independently
- Strong attention to detail
- This position will be primarily scheduled to work Saturday and Sunday but may also require other shifts as coverage and events require.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.