Media Logger - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New York
LAC Group seeks a Media Logger to support the 2020 Campaign coverage for news broadcasters at an LAC Group client, a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan) with 24/7 operations. This position requires knowledge and interest in current events, politics and the daily news cycle in general. Additionally, this position requires a flexible schedule since this role can include rotating shifts that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays depending on schedule and coverage needs. This is a freelance temporary part-time position that will work up to 30 hours per week (non-benefited).
This position will use various media software tools as well as a proprietary digital asset management system to log media and create new and updated asset records for daily video content coming into the media production and broadcast environment digitally and physically from the field.
Excellent typing and listening skills required and comfort / experience with live logging of events. Overall, this position requires speed, accuracy and consistency along with a depth of knowledge to complete the data record and assure that video footage is retrievable within the clients (DAM) digital asset management system.
Ideal candidate will have had 1 -3 years of similar or related experience and be comfortable in a time sensitive environment.
- Use various media archive software tools, as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter metadata
- Screen video content to identify events, persons, places and other relevant information for those assets in specific database
- Create new and update existing asset records in the system.
- Perform consistent, accurate and complete data entry to time-sensitive video content.
- Research information in support of data entry tasks in order to expand on the richness of the data record (especially when original support data is lacking depth.)
- Must have a good knowledge of political and current events
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as in a group and be able to adhere to procedures and standards as established
- Must be computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
- Familiarity with digital media asset tools and technologies helpful
- Ability to learn and become quickly proficient in new software tools
- Excellent language and data entry skills along with an ability to quickly react to new priorities.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to follow instructions, maintain work and productivity schedules and benchmarks
- Must be punctual, reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedule provided
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of working independently
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately
- Requires strong attention to detail
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.