Media Archive Technology Project Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group seeks a Temporary Media Archive Technology Project Manager for a prestigious media organization in Burbank, CA. The Project Manager will be responsible for tracking cross-team and cross-department projects, facilitating collegial communication, and creating standardized documentation to identify opportunities to perfect workflows and adopt new technologies within the Media Archives. This is a temporary position that will run through at least the end of December 2021 (possibly longer) and will be full-time (40 hours per week) and can be remote/virtual or hybrid.
- Provides user support for tools such as Smartsheet, Tableau, Confluence, and JIRA. Chief liaison for usage of Smartsheet application/software including onboarding, workflows, enhancements etc.
- Acts as the primary resource for departmental project planning, tracking, and reporting. Contributes to meeting agendas. Sets and runs project status meetings. Works closely with business stakeholders, technology strategy teams, and management to ensure execution is tightly aligned with business unit needs, vision, and strategy.
- Works closely with technology strategy teams and business units to document business and process requirements including RFI/RFP, and PoCs. Drives product development, suggests enhancements, and integration of shared tools. Identifies opportunities to leverage existing and future technologies to streamline operations.
- Develops Global Media Archives reporting dashboards inclusive of financials for budgeting, forecasting, capital requests, and long-term planning.
- Provides ad hoc reporting using MS SQL Server Management Studio and other tools. Interprets data models and descriptive standards in use in the Global Media Archive to supply insightful data analysis. Provides oversight and direction to the Data Analyst.
- 5+ years in a media archives, museum, broadcast environment, or a related field
- College degree: Degree in Library Sciences, Business Systems, Communications or Computer Science preferred
- Strong Smartsheet expertise supporting users and developing solutions
- Strong Confluence expertise, and strong Tableau expertise
- Proficient utilizing collaborative tools, such as Slack and MS Teams
- Proficient in common MS Office tools, such as Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Proficient in utilizing ticketing systems, such as Workfront or JIRA
- Familiarity with entertainment media terminology and technology strongly preferred
- Ability to provide good-looking and understandable executive summary reports on project progress weekly and monthly, including timelines, milestones, and blockers
- Ability to develop business plans in partnership with Archive staff, inclusive of timelines, staffing, supplies, and budget estimates
- Ability to prioritize open project tasks, effectively manage deadlines, and recalculate project timelines and cost projections based on new information
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.