LTS Account Support Specialist - EBSCO
Location: USA - NH - Manchester
LTS Account Support Specialist 1
Apply now »
Location: Contoocook, NH, US, 03229
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the LTS Account Support Specialist is to provide technical service support to customers, departmental and company personnel, to ensure that customers’ needs and requirements for the supply of MARC records and other services are interpreted and implemented accurately. The LTS Account Support Specialist works to determine feasible and satisfactory account specifications, and to ensure a high-quality experience for customers who are configuring new or significantly changing Technical Services accounts.
- Works with customers, GOBI Customer Service, GOBI/EIS Sales, and other GOBI business units as needed to design, refine and implement new or revised technical services for customers.
- Develops, documents, and maintains customer profiles for GOBI library technical services. Evaluates the quality of customer experience for new and existing accounts and provides timely feedback to Technical Service management.
- Provides input for the establishment of system policies and procedures, standards and schedules. Drafts and revises documentation and procedures according to established guidelines.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science required or 2+ years of library experience, preferably in a technical services environment.
- 2+ years working in a direct customer contact role.
- 2+ years of MS Office, Outlook, and Explorer experience.
- 1+ years of cataloging standards and best practices experience.
- 2+ years Library of Congress classification system experience.
- 2+ years of the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in individual and group settings.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit in front of a personal computer 6-7 hours a day, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, push book carts and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally walk and lift/move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Experience with academic library technical services operations.
- Proficiency in applying academic library standards and best practices.
- Experience working in a sales role.
- Experience coordinating, supervising or reviewing the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with company departments, with professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Highly developed organizational skills to keep information accessible and work systematically and efficiently.
Nearest Major Market: Concord
Nearest Secondary Market: Manchester
Job Segment: Supply, Operations
Please apply on our website at the above address. If you have any questions please call Lisa at 603-746-8839
View EEO PDF
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.