Licensing Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group is seeking a Licensing Assistant to support a large federal agency located in Beltsville, MD. The Assistant will assist the Licensing Officer in preparing notices for the Federal Register and maintaining records of the licensing program. The ideal candidate has experience and enthusiasm for interacting with professionals and public patrons through verbal and written communication. Must be able to prepare and maintain files in order to quickly fulfill information requests. This is a full-time, on-site position with benefits.
- Answers the licensing program’s main telephone and provides telephone coverage when needed.
- Responsible for the licensing program’s email account.
- Prepares correspondence as directed by the Business Licensing Officer. Ensures that all items are sent out in a timely fashion and checks addresses for accuracy.
- Pick up, reviews and distributes licensing office mail in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all license files are kept up to date and in order. Establishes new license files as needed.
- Participates in efforts to comply with Freedom of information Act (FOIA) requests received by management.
- Prepares and Processes Federal Register Notices.
- Responsible for maintaining existing tracking logs. Ensure all tracking logs are kept up to date and in order. Establishes new tracking logs as needed.
- Assists Business Licensing Officer to prepare reports on licensing program activities.
- Responsible to make travel arrangements for employees, including flight schedules and room reservations, and for submitting travel requests, authorizations, and travel vouchers using the current Federal travel system.
- This position may perform other duties as assigned by the Business Licensing Officer or other Management Staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree from recognized institution OR 3+ years of administrative experience in lieu of education
- 1-2 years of customer service or administrative experience; licensing experience preferred
- Ability to update detailed tracking logs using computer software programs
- Ability to communicate effectively as the main point of contact for large department
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.