Library Technician (Rare Books) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Library Technician to work at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area in a high volume production environment with catalog records. Candidates must have strong computer skills and some familiarity with library cataloging standards and procedures. The selected individual will be able to follow detailed, complex instructions for processing a wide variety of material. Work will be performed on-site. This is a long term (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted contract position.
- Creating, editing, and searching bibliographic records
- Searching library catalog databases such as OCLC
- Broad subject knowledge and experience with bibliographic catalog records
- Experience with Integrated Library Systems (especially Voyager)
- Familiarity with LC Classification, AACR2, and MARC as well as familiarity with RDA and DCRM(B)
- Familiarity or knowledge of one or more Romance and other European languages is a plus
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.