Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - CO - DenverLAC Group is seeking a dynamic Library Technician to support a major federal agency library in Denver, CO. The ideal candidate is driven to achieve success through self-motivation needing minimal supervision. Must possess stellar interpersonal communication skills and enjoy working closely with library patrons to meet their general library needs. This is a full-time, benefited opportunity. Work must be performed on-site.
- Duties may vary, but will typically include assisting patrons with retrieving and checking out library materials, providing general reference/research support, copy cataloging, and operating office automation office equipment.
- Answers simple or routine inquiries and refers customers requiring professional assistance to subject matter experts.
- Performs searches of the library’s online catalog. Assists in the use of other bibliographic tools, such as the Library of Congress catalog.
- Verifies bibliographic information on customer requests.
- Performs library inventory maintenance, serial check-in, binding of journals, added copy entries in an online catalog environment.
- Assist with collection maintenance, performs shelving of materials, materials processing and simple data entry.
- Assists with interlibrary loans including document retrieval (from internal resources and from some Internet resources), copying, scanning, electronic file scanning, saving and transferring and document delivery.
- Has basic knowledge of simple searching (author and title searches) in order to perform bibliographic verification and interlibrary loan duties.
- Associates Degree with 16 credits in library science or computer science
- Two (2) years of experience in libraries. Has basic knowledge of and some experience with word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, and other office automation products
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision on moderately complex tasks with detailed instructions
- Some knowledge of sources of reference and bibliographic material.
- Some knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures.
- Ability to use and explain the library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids.
- Ability to deal effectively with volunteers and non-professional staff in instructing them in the use of the library.
- Ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel of the institution.
- Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to the assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the agency appointing authority
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.