Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - ArlingtonLAC Group is seeking a Library Technician for a position with a prestigious federal agency located in Arlington, VA. A major portion of the Library Technician’s weekly hours (50%) are projected to be dedicated to essential serials and electronic resource management and statistics gathering. The remaining time will be split between frontline library services (circulation and access services), and collection and facilities maintenance. This is a one-year, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday - Friday) benefited contract position.
- Manage serials and electronic resources access, subscriptions, recordkeeping, and statistics gathering for required reporting
- Conduct various circulation activities, including registering new patrons; charging items in and out of the IC, shelving materials
- Enhance discovery and maintain the appearance of the library collection by replacing labels, repairing and deaccessioning damaged materials
- Shelf read print book collections, general stacks maintenance
- Handle general IC facility maintenance and support; Open or close the IC as required
- Perform basic cataloging of foreign language items
- Assist patrons with the use of the online catalog and various digital tools
- Support patrons with technology support such as printing, making copies and using the digital sender, referring patrons to appropriate IT support when needed
- Other project support as needed
- An Associates degree is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have at least 3 years of on-the-job responsibility and experience, conducting the same or similar functions as described in the job description
- US Citizenship required and ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.