Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a Library Technician to work at a Federal Agency information center in the Washington, DC area. The technician will be responsible for circulation control, serial check and control function, inter-library loan (ILL), routing of mail and document delivery throughout the organization, physical processing of materials, loose-leaf filing and basic reference and research support. This is a full-time contract (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Responsible for circulation control, serial check, and control function, inter-library loan (ILL), routing of mail and document delivery throughout that organization, loose-leaf filing and reference and research support.
- As needed, support information center staff in special projects and collection maintenance.
- Assist in providing instruction on the use of information center resources and in web content development for the website.
- A college degree from an accredited 4-year institution or an Associate degree with a minimum of three (3) years recent library technician experience including ILL, serials control, circulation, and basic reference support.
- MLS preferred
- Experience searching databases or working with business/international information preferred
- Experience performing simple reference and research
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems (ILS)
- Requires working knowledge/recent experience of basic library procedures related to circulation, serials control, interlibrary loan and disposal of library materials
- Proficiency and practical experience in the use of PCs, Windows Office Suite, and Microsoft Outlook. Basic computer skills, including the ability to create/ update information on word processing systems and the ability to navigate content on Internet databases and business/research sites.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while effectively prioritizing and balancing a heavy workload of diverse activities and maintaining the accuracy of work performed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and highly automated environment
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work within a framework of established policies and procedures
- Following through on all assignments, projects, and duties
- Ability to ask questions to clarify expectations
- Demonstrated knowledge of classification and filing systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.