Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is hiring Library Technicians to work on a project with a major federal library in the Washington DC area. The ideal candidates will have least one year of experience in library technical services, including searching for library materials in an integrated library system (ILS), searching for and obtaining electronic journal articles, and processing interlibrary loan requests. This role requires strong attention to detail, an ability to work with minimal direct supervision, and is an excellent opportunity for individuals pursuing or interested in pursuing their MLIS. This is a full-time long term (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position. This position must be performed on-site and will start on April 5, 2019.
- Supports all aspects of interlibrary loan and delivery fulfillment services for a major library
- Respond to requests for physical and electronic copies of library materials
- Perform searches for materials in an integrated library system and correctly interpret bibliographic data
- Identify and retrieve library materials including electronic journals
- Correctly utilize and interpret bibliographic citations
- Scan documents for electronic delivery
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience in library technical services providing all or most of the responsibilities described above
- Available to start April 5, 2019
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.