Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group is seeking a Library Technician to work at a federal agency located in Beltsville, MD. The Library Technician will assist on a digital project aimed at the preservation and accessibility of a bound volumes collection. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) position with benefits ending in September 2019.
- Assist a digital project aimed at the preservation and accessibility of a bound volumes collection.
- Work across divisions with multiple team members and follow an exact timeline for deliverables.
- Work directly with onsite camera equipment and software to preserve these volumes.
- Collaborate with Federal employees to apply metadata and will contribute new ideas when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master of Library and Information Science (MLS or MLIS) is preferred
- Experience creating metadata
- Knowledge of metadata standards including AD, DACS, MARC, MODS, Dublin Core
- Experience with archival theory and practices and archival management systems.
- Experience with the Capture One software and professional imaging hardware preferred
- Ability to handle print items and government equipment with care
- Law Library experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- U.S. citizenship required
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.