Library Support Specialist (part-time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - TX - Houston
LAC Group is seeking an ongoing, part-time, Library Support Specialist to work providing library support services to our client, an international law firm. This position will provide support services for the law firm library and research staff and will work 20 hours per week Monday - Fridays during. This position will work from our client’s site in Houston, Texas.
- Provide library local support services, including, but not limited to: open and process mail, data entry, log receipt of material into the library catalog, distribute newspapers, process new acquisitions, process returns, assist with basic orders, basic renewals, and basic cancellations, route print and electronic material, process and distribute office copies/desk-books, provide customer service;
- Assist attorneys in locating local print and electronic holdings;
- Manage the physical library collection, including shelving, weeding and shifting of library material, noting when items are damaged and/or missing from the collection, etc.;
- Maintain an inviting clean library space;
- Perform document and case pulls and handle basic research requests;
- Assist with library invoice processing;
- Assist with cataloging;
- Assist with interlibrary loans;
- Perform related tasks as assigned and participate in special project as requested
- Associates/BA/BS Degree Preferred;
- Minimum two years of law library experience performing required duties, experience in a law firm library preferred;
- Experience handling basic research requests, document and case pulls;
- Knowledge of legal software products, publications, OCLC, library call numbers, shelving, shifting and weeding collections is desired;
- Working knowledge of EOS or other Library Management System;
- Must have an excellent work ethic and exceptional attention to detail;
- A professional attitude and good customer services skills are a must;
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.