Library & Research Supervisor - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Library and Research Supervisor for a prestigious law firm located in the Washington DC metro area. The Library and Research Supervisor position will be responsible for managing the research staff as well as providing research and reference to all areas of the firm. They will also be responsible for training and evaluating information resources. This is a full-time, benefitted position.
- Manage the DC office and virtual staff in the areas of research, reference and knowledge services.
- Utilize research databases, print materials and online resources to fulfill requests from attorneys and staff.
- Research and evaluate new information resources tools and services.
- Monitor, coordinate and complete internal research requests throughout the Firm.
- Train and provide research and library services orientation to Firm’s attorneys and staff.
- Coordinate, monitor and update information for the Firm’s websites.
- Assist in developing departmental budget and monitoring invoices and vendor payments.
- Assist Department Manager in staffing decisions including sourcing, interviewing and selection of candidates.
- At least 2+ years of library research supervisor experience in a law firm environment or similar is strongly preferred. At least 4 years of experience as a senior law or research librarian is required.
- An MLIS from an accredited university is required.
- Strong knowledge of research tools including Lexis, WestLaw, Bloomberg Law, Cheetah, etc. is required.
- Experience with Knowledge Management, legal research, reference and web page authoring is required.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.