Library Director - Parkland College
Location: USA - IL - Urbana
One of the largest employers in our area, Parkland faculty and staff are united in their passion for serving students. In addition to competitive salaries and robust benefits, you will enjoy the support, commitment to professional development, and collegial relationships that you will find here.
Parkland College is a fully accredited, public community college established to serve the needs of District 505, the third largest community college district in Illinois. Our college is a center for educational opportunity and community enrichment in east central Illinois and has earned a national reputation for its excellent academic standards, innovative programs, and quality instruction.
At Parkland we celebrate the diversity in both our community and our world. Our goal is to recognize, promote, utilize, and educate one another regarding the unique qualities and shared humanity of our people and cultures.
The Library Director provides leadership for the Parkland College Library with a special emphasis on promoting the library's inclusion in curricular and instructional designs and articulating a strategic vision for the library's present and future role in supporting the mission of the college. The Director supervises and ensures the quality of all aspects of the library's function, including public services, information literacy instruction, technical services, collection management, and College Archives.
The Library Director is a regular full-time, 12-month, administrative appointment based on a schedule established by the Dean of Learning Support. The position involves frequent handling of confidential information and records. Work contacts include students, administrators, faculty, staff, community-based organizations, and governmental agencies.
This position is a full-time, 12-month administrative appointment with an annual salary of $72,368.44 and a potential start date of August 2019.
Applicants must submit:
Essential Job Functions:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Serves as the leader and spokesperson for library services.
- Leads the strategic planning process and articulates a compelling vision for the library in alignment with the vision and strategic plans of the college.
- Leads the development of multi-year acquisition and facility usage plans.
- Collects, analyzes, and uses relevant data to inform decisions about library operations, policies, and strategic direction.
- Oversees the review, development, and implementation of library policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages the library budget.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of library faculty and staff, and encourages and supports their professional development.
- Promotes the value of the library among the faculty and encourages its inclusion within curricular and instructional designs.
- Collaborates with faculty to integrate information literacy concepts and skills into the curriculum.
- Promotes library services and ensures appropriate marketing of library services to all constituencies of the college.
- Maintains knowledge of current developments and trends in technology, best practices, and innovations related to library operations and the library's role in supporting student engagement and success.
- Represents Parkland College by active participation in appropriate professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Learning Support.
- Master's degree in Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program.
- Five (5) years of professional librarian experience, including progressively responsible experience with collection management, discovery systems, library cataloging, and instructional services.
- Two (2) years of successful management experience in an academic library which includes staff supervision and budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and collaboratively in a culturally-diverse environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with diverse students, employees, and community members, including speaking in front of large and small groups and the ability to listen effectively and respond accordingly.
- Experience with strategic planning, assessment, and data-informed decision making.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with community colleges.
- Demonstrated experience implementing innovations that support student engagement and success.
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/parklandcollege/jobs/2283979/library-director
Company website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/parklandcollege