Library Clerk - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking Library Clerks to work at a prestigious federal cultural institution in the Washington, DC area. This role will support the day-to-day functions of the institution’s library. This is anticipated to be a one year assignment, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) with benefits.
- Sort and group individual items alphabetically, chronologically, and/or geographically.
- Shift materials, including pushing and pulling book trucks and tubs, and transport books, baskets and booktrucks between floors.
- Exercise care in the handling of cultural heritage materials to avoid loss or damage.
- Follow safety protocols, care and handling guidelines, and instructions for disposition of materials.
- 2 years experience retrieving, unpacking, handling and placing rare and fragile library collections.
- Ability to meet deadlines and production quotas.
- Ability to perform physical activities involving moderate to heavy lifting and standing, pushing book trucks and carts, stooping, and bending.
- Ability to pass a background check.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.