Library Assistant (temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Alexandria
LAC Group is hiring a Library Assistant to support a federal agency's library in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temporary position for approximately 3+ weeks. Work will be performed on-site starting ASAP.
- Provide support in performing an inventory of the agency’s Library collection, under the supervision of the agency’s Librarians.
- Participate in the completion of an ongoing digitization project, to include editing MARC records and physically processing print materials.
- Provide backup support to the agency’s Librarians, with responsibilities including but not limited to: processing interlibrary loan requests, weeding and accessioning as needed, copy cataloging, assisting with onsite training for local staff, providing reference support to patrons via email/phone/in-person requests.
- Minimum one year of experience in library technical services including searching for library materials in an integrated library system (ILS), searching for and obtaining journal articles, and processing interlibrary loan requests
- Familiarity with bibliographic records in MARC format and MS Office products
- Strong attention to detail
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.