Library Assistant (temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - AlexandriaLAC Group is seeking a Library Assistant for an opportunity to work at a prestigious national library in Alexandria, VA. This is a temporary position for 4 months with hours steadily growing from part-time to full-time basis per week. Work will be performed on-site starting in June 2019. The selected candidate must be able to pass a background check.
- The Library Assistant will provide support in performing an inventory of the agency’s Library collection, under the supervision of the agency’s Librarians.
- The Library Assistant will participate in the completion of an ongoing digitization project, to include editing MARC records and physically processing print materials.
- The Library Assistant will also provide backup support to the agency’s Librarians, with responsibilities including but not limited to: processing interlibrary loan requests, weeding and accessioning as needed, copy cataloging, assisting with onsite training for local staff, providing reference support to patrons via email/phone/in-person requests.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a library setting, either in circulation, reference, and/or technical services
- Familiarity with bibliographic records in MARC format and MS Office products
- Strong attention to detail
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.