Library Assistant (temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group seeks a Temporary Library Assistant to work on a federal government contract in Washington, D.C with our client, the International Monetary Fund. As part of the IMF Library, the Library Assistant will provide clerical support pertaining to i) the maintenance of the collections and circulation of materials to patrons, and ii) the outreach and communications around library events. The incumbent will report for half of his/her time to the Client Service Team lead and the other half to the Communications Officer. This is a 6 months contract full-time position (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) starting in January and ending in June 2019.
Collections maintenance and circulation
Outreach and communications
- Support a major weeding of low usage materials. He/she will assist with the removal of deselected items, and the restocking of the periodicals collection
- Update bibliographic records of discarded items via simple check-in
- Shadow circulation staff to locate, retrieve and mail requested materials to patrons
- Shelf or re-shelf incoming materials
- Help with coordination of activities such as on-site training,
- Participate in Library and IMF events, Open Houses and departmental information/knowledge sharing events.
- Provide logistical support to outreach campaigns
- Sound interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Experience with Photoshop and other multimedia applications is a plus, but not required.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.