Library Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Alexandria
LAC Group is seeking a Library Assistant to work at a prestigious national library in Alexandria, VA. This is a temporary part-time position for 7 months, varying between 10-20 hours per week. Work will be performed on-site starting in April 2019. Candidate must be able to pass a background check.
- The Library Assistant will transform and import metadata records, generating new metadata for each image, and incorporate that metadata into a file record during ingest into a content management system.
- Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate specialized experience implementing digital asset management principles as demonstrated from past work experiences, training, and/or schooling, as well as an ability to produce high-quality work at a rapid pace on tight deadlines.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to: processing interlibrary loan requests, weeding and accessioning as needed, assisting with onsite training for local staff, responding to email/phone/in-person requests.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with metadata records and content management systems
- Familiarity with metadata schemas such as MODS and MARCXML
- Familiarity with bibliographic records in MARC format and MS Office products
- Strong attention to detail
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.