Library Aide - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a Library Aide to work on-site at a major Federal library in Washington, D.C. The Library Aide will work in one of four technical service areas: accessioning of the new acquisition, collections maintenance, serials bindery and preservation, and inventory management. The candidate must show strong attention to detail and an ability to work without direct supervision. This is an ongoing, full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position. Some nights and weekend work are expected for the role.
- New receipts processing, check-in, input POs, serial marking, pin and linking, collection tracking, discarding receipts, working with serial and monograph bibliographic records, de-assigning, masking and suppression
- Working in Voyager ILS; high attention to detail and ability to meet production quotas with limited errors
- Tasks to be completed require physical stamina and agility and attention to detail, including:
- Standing, walking, lifting, bending and stooping to retrieve, re-shelve, shift, and update collections or to adjust shelves and move books from one location to another
- Pushing/pulling fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 300 pounds
- Loading and unloading wire baskets or carts with books and unbound materials
- Balancing on step ladders while pulling, moving, or re-shelving materials on the top shelves
- Library technical services experience
- Experience working in Voyager ILS preferred; high attention to detail and ability to meet production quotas with limited errors
- Knowledge and understanding of various classification systems (Class K, Class JX, LAW) and the Law Library procedures for collection services and maintenance
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and organize large quantities of materials
- Experience retrieving and refiling library materials according to the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Prior law library experience preferred but not required
- Preference will be given to applicants who are proficient in at least one foreign language and who are able to transliterate using Romanization tables.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.