Library Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Glendora
LAC Group is searching for a Part-Time Library Administrative Assistant for a public library in the San Gabriel Valley/Covina area. The Library Admin will be responsible for supporting the department including performing clerical/secretarial duties and transcribing library board meeting minutes. This is a part-time (about 20 hours per week) ongoing position.
- Provides direct secretarial support to the Library Director including maintaining calendar of appointments, receiving visitors, correspondence with internal staff, public and City staff and transcribing notes.
- Establishing and maintaining files on departmental activities and personnel, researching files to obtain information requested by departmental staff.
- Prepare agenda, attend, take and transcribe minutes of commission/committee/board meetings and prepare staff reports.
- Maintain department expense journals, prepare invoices , handle petty cash and order supplies.
- A high school diploma is required. A degree from a 2 or 4 year college/university program is preferred.
- Must have previous experience working directly with confidential personnel records preferably in an academic/government/non-profit environment.
- Experience with preparing meeting minutes and government/public meeting board packet preparation is highly desirable.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.