Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Librarian to support a Federal Library in the Greater Washington, DC area. The Librarian will provide research, reference, interlibrary loan, cataloging, and
training and outreach support for a collection consisting of physical and digital items. This is a long term full-time contract (40 hours per week; Monday - Friday), benefited position.
- Provide research/reference service both online and in person.
- Provide cataloging support to ensure that the library’s catalog is accurate and meets the most current standards.
- Process ILL requests and provide circulation duties for the physical items in the collection
- Participate in marketing and outreach of the library services.
- Keep current trends in library technologies and make suggestions that will improve or enhance access to the Library’s online content.
- Support training by coordinating with vendors and providing direct training to users
- Assist in collection development and maintenance of the physical and virtual collections.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing digital content management solutions and curating the digital collection
- Other duties include tracking usage statistics, participation in special projects as assigned.
- Degree in MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Professional knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, and techniques of librarianship in order to provide effective reference support.
- Must be team-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the library and with library clientele.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, information-intensive environment
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.