Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a Librarian to join a contract supporting the knowledge repository of a well-known governmental organization focused on international development located in Washington, D.C. The repository supports the full spectrum of the organization’s knowledge needs with a library, self-directed learning center, publications archive, technical reports, and evaluations, research staff and knowledge management services.
This position will collaborate with contract personnel in the library, provide outreach to all internal bureaus, and provide reference services. These services are integral to providing agency staff, contractors, other agencies, and the public with access to information. This individual will work onsite, be responsible for scheduling, ensuring overall quality control of work, and delivering timely services performed by library employees. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, fully benefited position and is an excellent opportunity for an information professional with library management experience. You MUST be a US Citizen in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Contribute to all aspects of the library, including maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS), cataloging and processing materials, interlibrary loan operations, collection development, and weeding the collection.
- Assist projects as needed, including software implementation, needs assessments, database launches, strategic planning exercises, and special events.
- Support division and project strategic planning for the library and Self-Directed Learning Center.
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance and economic development, as well as trends in library and information science and related technology.
- Provide ready reference, research and information discovery services for Agency staff and partners, manage collection development and maintenance, and maintain electronic resources and Library supported web sites.
- Respond to reference questions through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a wide variety of databases including Nexis, EBSCO, Business Monitor Online, World Bank e-Library, and others.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association
- 3 years of progressive library experience
- Experience in the use of library-related information technology; ILS, Google and MS Office applications; web-based content management systems; mobile and e-Reader technologies preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with federal staff, contractors as well as independently
- Knowledge of international development and foreign assistance programs and familiarity with print materials, e-resources and websites in the international development field preferred
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills
- U.S. citizenship required; Secret clearance desirable
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.