Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - GA - AtlantaLAC Group seeks a dynamic, full-time Librarian for an ongoing temporary position located in Atlanta, GA. This position will be working in a hospital system and is responsible for providing online and virtual services as well as working in a physical library location. Previous experience working as a medical librarian is preferred, but our ideal candidate is motivated, enthusiastic and has the desire to work in a library changing from a physical library space into using electronic materials. This is a full-time, benefitted position that could last from 3 months to a year in duration.
- Provide bibliographic and reference services including online literature searches;
- Assess information needs and provide information using computerized databases, the Internet, and reference resources;
- Assist the hospital in evaluating the scope and quality of the professional collection and online systems;
- Organize and maintain the hospital’s repositories of books and medical journals;
- Shelve print materials and sort mail and journals to the most recent editions.
- An MLS/MLIS degree from an American Library Association-accredited master's program in Library and Information Studies;
- At least 2 years of professional library experience, preferably in the medical field;
- Online literature searching experience specifically in clinical medicine and consumer health databases;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills;
- The ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent written, oral communication and problem solving skills.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.