Librarian I - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a qualified Librarian I to perform quality control review on a variety of Law materials and collections at a major government library in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will possess technical services experience, a strong attention to detail, and take direction well. This is a full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) position, benefited. Actively screening applicants and looking to start ASAP.
- Prepare items as a part of a comprehensive inventory of the collection and to facilitate tracking of items in-use. It can involve both serial and monographic material in all mediums collected. In some cases, volumes may not have titles represented in the ILS
- Utilize ILS cataloging module for creating/updating holdings records, including summary holdings for serials, as needed.
- Responsible for item record creation/updating data input, including item type; enumeration field; chronology/year field; caption; free text; copy numbers; pieces; notes; statistical categories and status.
- Ability to follow detailed workflow guidelines and work with foreign language materials
- Once items are barcoded and pin & linked, they should be forwarded according to the workflow for the particular type of inventory work prescribed
- MLS required
- Previous experience using an integrated library system, preferably Voyager
- Knowledge of online catalogs, MARC records, and basic cataloging procedures for legal monographs and serials
- Working knowledge of processing legal materials in various languages
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language or experience working with foreign language materials strongly preferred
- Strong attention to and ability to work with great detail
- Previous experience working in a law library and/or technical services preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and exceed fixed production quotas
- Demonstrated experience reviewing the completed work of others for quality control
- Able to lift or push 50 lbs.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.