Legislative Executive Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking an experienced Legislative Executive Assistant for placement at the Washington, DC office of a prestigious international law firm. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to former Ambassadors in the Global Law and Public Policy group.
- Provide executive level support for former Ambassadors by managing protocol aspects of official events
- Make travel plans and arrangements (including air travel, transportation and lodging) and prepare travel visas as required for foreign trips
- Maintain office schedules, prepare the Ambassadors’ daily schedules and detailed itineraries
- Conduct research and analysis to assist the Ambassadors as needed
- Submits vouchers for travel and expense reimbursement via Chrome River
- Responsible for maintaining the Ambassadors’ contact database (InterAction)
- Prepares guest lists and invitations for events, ensures delivery of invitations and verifies acceptances and regrets
- Reviews the Ambassadors’ mail and invitations and responds via written correspondence or personal telephone calls
- Maintains files of invitations that have been declined, accepted, or that are pending
- Handles incoming telephone calls, takes messages, and returns calls as requested; places outgoing calls for Ambassadors and maintains a record of all calls
- Maintains files including notes, correspondence and travel-related information
- Develops and maintains contact lists and guest lists for receptions, lunches, dinners, and other representational activities
- Participates in meetings, conferences and social functions to aid on matters of protocol.
- Keeps a calendar of events of interest
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Ambassadors
- Two-year degree or equivalent experience considered.
- Prior experience providing scheduling and protocol support to an Ambassador or Congress/Senate member.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality and cultural diversity
- Ability maintain a range of contacts
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the Firm and outside the Firm
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a busy office environment
- Must possess good judgment
- Experience making visa and travel arrangements.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Typing a minimum of 60 wpm
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.