Legal Secretary - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary with strong administrative skills for a full-time opportunity at the Los Angeles office of a prestigious international law firm. The firm offers an excellent compensation and benefits package!
- Provides legal secretarial and administrative support to the assigned legal team, ensuring organization of work flow, file maintenance in Legal Key, and the processing of timesheets, client invoices and expense vouchers
- Composes routine and non-routine correspondence for attorney review and proofreads all documents
- Proactively supports Firm-wide client services initiatives and maintains professional relationships with legal counsel, courts, agencies and professional organizations with whom the assigned attorney works
- Maintains calendar and contacts, schedules appointments and coordinates travel arrangements
- Answers phones, relays messages, greets visitors and coordinates attorney, client or other inquiries in absence of the attorney
- Acts as liaison with the firm’s internal service departments to ensure the provision of quality service to the legal team and clients
- Assists legal team with non-client matters which may include miscellaneous work generated from outside activities and pro bono legal work
- Communicates effectively with attorneys to ensure completion of projects within established time frames and quality standards
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Minimum of two+ years of administrative experience; Experience in a legal or professional services organization highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Extensive software skills as well as Internet research abilities; Mastery of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written communication skills with proficiency in spelling, grammar and proofreading
- Strong attention to detail and with excellent organizational skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.