Legal Researcher - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a Virtual Legal Researcher for a prestigious law firm client with a focus on coverage for Pacific hours (strongly prefer candidates located in the West Coast region). Legal Researchers will be responsible for legal, business intelligence, and legislative research to attorneys and staff utilizing a variety of research tools. This will be a full-time benefited position that could be a virtual or hybrid role (virtual and on-site work).
- Conducting legal reference services and in-depth research in wide range of areas including practice-specific areas of law, business intelligence, public records, legislative history, medical and news/media.
- Performs legal reference and research using traditional and electronic resources.
- Records and reports research projects and time using firm software in a manner that meets deadlines
- Monitors reference request submitted to research designated request email list, allocating request when necessary to ensure timely research service.
- Collaborates with fellow team members on projects and proposals for procedures associated with legal research, reference services and product usage.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- MLS Degree from an accredited school is required.
- At least 2-3 years of research experience in a legal or corporate environment, including research of complex legal matters, use of technology to provide solutions, interaction with all levels within a law firm environment, and training.
- Experience utilizing research tools including Lexis, WestLaw, Capital IQ, Factiva, etc.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.