Legal Research Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - AZ - Phoenix
LAC Group is seeking an experienced Legal Research Specialist for a full-time position at a prestigious law firm in Phoenix, Arizona. The Research Specialist will work in collaboration with the research team to support the firm providing reference assistance and delivering high-quality legal and corporate research. This is full-time, benefitted opportunity.
- At the request of attorneys and legal support staff, conducts legal and corporate research using print and electronic resources
- Collaborates with fellow team members on proposals and policies associated with legal research, reference services and product usage
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited university or equivalent
- Prior law library experience including research of complex legal matters, use of technology to provide solutions, interaction with all levels within a law firm environment, and training is required
- Demonstrated competency in MS Office applications
- Experience with database research including Westlaw, PACER, BNA, RIA Checkpoint and IntelliConnect
- Conversant with library technology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs and able to perform physical tasks such as stooping, bending and sitting for extended periods of time
- Some occasional travel is required
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.