Legal Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - BuffaloLAC Group is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work for the Western District of New York office in Buffalo, NY. The selected candidate will work on-site providing legal and administrative support. This is a full-time, benefited opportunity.
- Provide clerical and legal services to support AUSA’s calendars, travel, documentation and other duties as assigned.
- Verify citations and statutory references, using online legal resources as needed.
- Compose non-legal letters and memos with an understanding of legal terminology
- Greet visitors in person, on the phone and via email in a polite and professional manner.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files in accordance with established processes.
- High School degree or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- One year experience performing the above duties
- Strict attention to detail and the ability follow instructions with exaction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Word processing and data entry/retrieval proficiency
- The ability to prepare and format management reports
- The ability to interact and coordinate with other organizations and agencies.
- The ability to maintain files so that they accurately and timely reflect the status of the matter
- Ability to create grammatically correct, understandable documents in a set format
- Skill in the use of MS Office is required
- Able to use standard office equipment is required
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.