Learning Resource Professional - Miami Dade College
Location: USA - FL - Miami
Miami Dade College, North Campus is now accepting applications for the Learning Resource Professional position. The Learning Resources Professional serves as a primary liaison between Learning Resources and the assigned discipline(s) to develop and maintain an exemplary collection of resources to promote and support student learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, selects and de-selects library and learning resources materials within college-wide assigned discipline(s) including print and non-print materials
- Oversees inventory of discipline(s) collections and ensures that it is current and supports the program(s) accreditation standards and research needs of the students
- Coordinates the ordering of materials with the discipline faculty including E-Resources, books, and periodicals
- Creates and maintains online guides (Libguides), handouts and other learning tools as needed in assigned discipline(s)
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop assessment instruments, collect, and analyze data, present and market Learning Resources services
- Assists in planning and managing the budget for the assigned discipline(s) collection(s)
- Provides assistance in the implementation of the information literacy program as needed
- Supports users remotely and face to face at service points as assigned for classes offered in all modalities
- Develops teaching strategies, instructional materials, and assignments to support information literacy in specialized discipline(s)
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology and/or service delivery platforms such as, Ask a Librarian, Libguides, tutorial creation, etc.
- Recommends new technology and platforms to enhance delivery of services
- Manages and supervises services and Learning Resources personnel as assigned
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an accredited college/university and three (3) years of relevant experience in education or related field; or bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science from an accredited college/university and seven (7) years of relevant experience in education or related field.