Law Library Project Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group seeks candidates for a Library and Information Services Project Manager position with a large law firm in New York (Manhattan). The main focus of the position will be to help the firm move forward with innovative and effective best practices in portal development, research support and administrative functions. The manager of library and information services will be directly responsible for collection management for print and electronic resources, cataloging and serials administration, research/reference and controlling the library budget. In addition, they will coordinate with the Marketing and IT departments to develop business opportunities at the firm and improve resources discovery via innovative means.
- Manage internal and external resources utilized in acquiring and disseminating electronic and print content to the Firm for legal and business research purposes;
- Manage the services, contracts and relationships with the online research vendors, print content, print management, and library administration;
- Manage the budget, develop standards for collection development and cost recoveries, oversee the Firm’s resources and acquisition policies;
- Oversee enhancement of the Firm’s use of internet and web technologies to promote and disseminate information for legal, business research and marketing purposes;
- Collaborate with other Firm managers and administrators on special projects;
- Perform basic and advanced research support for attorneys and professional staff;
- Conduct library orientation for new attorneys and professional staff;
- Implement CLE and other training events throughout the year to enhance online legal research skills among attorneys and professional staff;
- Function as back up to part time Library Assistant with mail check in, invoice processing, ILL and other administrative functions;
- Advanced degree (JD, MBA, MLIS);
- At least 5 years of experience with library contracts, vendor management, database and web technology within a law or business library and at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable in integrated library management systems with proficiency in online research, legal databases and collaboration platforms (Microsoft SharePoint preferred).
- Expert knowledge of law library administration and information management with demonstrated knowledge of best practices and current trends and issues applying information technology to libraries and law practice.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.