Law Librarian (part-time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New York
LAC Group is hiring a part-time Law Librarian for an opportunity to work at a prestigious law firm’s New York City offices. The Law Librarian will work approximately 15-20 hours per week as a solo librarian managing the day-to-day operations of the law library, providing loose-leaf filing, database administration, tracking the library’s budget and assisting attorneys. This position offers a flexible schedule and is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in pursuing a career in law librarianship.
- Manage all functions of the law library, including checking materials in and out, tracking inventory in Excel, loose-leaf filing, collection maintenance, and updating the library’s website.
- Prepare, track and produce reports on the budget as-needed. Check, record and process invoices for payment using Excel.
- Assist with vendor management and database administration, track and review database usage and prepare reference usage reports. Provide technical support, assist with training and conduct orientations for new employees.
- Reach out and meet with attorneys to understand their information needs, discuss renewal issues and new acquisitions.
- Prepare the library for move, track current and future location of materials, and assist in signage and relocation of materials.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Knowledge of professional law librarianship, concepts, principles and practices
- 2+ years experience in a law library is required
- General computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Familiarity with Westlaw is preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.