Law Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Law Librarian with experience in administrative law, including Federal and administrative cases, statutory and regulatory law, legislative and regulatory history. The Librarian will be responsible for providing legal research services, and maintaining and developing the library’s digital and physical collections. The ideal candidate will be experienced with training and presentations and have demonstrated knowledge of SharePoint. They should also have strong communication skills and the ability to learn quickly. This is a part-time position (24 hours a week) and will initially be performed remotely due to COVID restrictions.
- Provide general, legal, and legislative reference services using expert knowledge, published and unpublished sources, and electronic databases, such as Westlaw.
- Train onsite and remote agency staff in one-on-one or group instruction formats, via in-person, teleconference, or recorded sessions.
- Develop and maintain Library SharePoint site
- Manage electronic subscriptions and vendor relations.
- Curate, maintain, and distribute the agency’s Digital Assets.
- Assist in library collection maintenance including: acquisitions serials processing and ensuring that the library's physical collection is consistent with the electronic inventory.
- Review the veracity of the online library catalog
- Monitor library ordering and purchasing
- Identify superseded materials; dispose of such material in line with Federal rules and regulations.
- Review brochures, websites, catalogs, and other sources for possible acquisition
- Promote useful research tools and strategies to agency staff
- Prepare a library column for submission to the agency’s newsletter
- Attend library committee meetings; keep the Committee informed of library activities, make recommendations,and respond to Committee concerns.
- Raise awareness of the library’s resources
- Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS) OR Three years as a professional law librarian
- Strong library organizational skills
- Solid understanding of legal documentation and research
- Demonstrated knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience with online legal research portals including Lexis, Westlaw and Hein
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and current trends applying information technology to libraries and law practice
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and work with multiple groups
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with library collection maintenance, both physical and digital
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience in training users
- Experience with giving presentations
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.