Law Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - San FranciscoLAC Group seeks a Law Librarian for a multi-location AMLaw 200 firm for their offices located in San Francisco, CA . This full-time employment position will be responsible for providing legal and business information support as part of larger team that includes on-site and remote researchers, librarians and analysts.
- Assist the Library Director and Electronic Resources Specialist in evaluating products, resources and databases.
- Manage passwords for all databases and electronic subscriptions including pass registration, credentials and deactivation.
- Assist with on-boarding new attorneys and managing cancelations for department personnel.
- Provide orientation, set-up training and ensure all incoming attorneys and staff are equipped with the appropriate resources and knowledge to do their respective jobs.
- Work with the research team to support curated alerts (articles, news and dockets).
- Participate in vendor meetings and training sessions.
- Respond to requests for information and research, in coordination with the overall research team
- 1-3 years of previous law firm library experience is required including legal research experience (case law searching, docket pulling, dinger and court document research & delivery, monitoring services, legislative histories, general business research on companies and individuals).
- A MLS is strongly preferred (but not required).
- Familiarity with print and digital legal and business information resources including experience using WestLaw or Lexis and other legal databases (PACER, BLAW, Cheetah, etc).
- Tech savvy individual who keeps up to date with industry (legal & information) news, trends technologies and products is highly desirable.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.