IP Research Librarian - HBR
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteHBR Consulting LLC Strategic Sourcing and Business Optimization (SSBO) provides strategic and operational services to clients in the legal industry; primarily Amlaw200 firms and legal departments. SSBO services firms and companies in managing and/or reducing expenses, optimizing business processes and increasing operational efficiencies.
The SSBO team is a highly talented and cross functional group of professionals who provide unique and unparalleled solutions to our clients via data analytics, leading industry knowledge and area expertise. To ensure exceptional service and successful client engagements, project and client teams comprise of various levels of expertise, knowledge and talent to ensure exceptional service.
As a part of HBR Consulting’s SSBO team, the Research Consultant will work specifically within the departments Research + Information Solutions team and service area. Overall, this role is responsible for high quality research services and work product to our legal clients, as well as, supporting internal and external projects as assigned. This is a full-time, virtual position with the ability to work from anywhere in the US.
- Perform high quality in-depth legal, corporate and other research to support the client’s librarians, attorneys, paralegals and staff using a variety of resources
- Monitor and respond to research requests and coordinate this effort with research team members across all locations
- Prioritize and respond to requests, analyze and synthesize results, compile answers and communicate research findings in a clear and concise manner
- Learn and adopt the specific policies and procedures of the client’s law library department
- Contribute to client projects, HBR related initiatives and other department offerings, as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service
- 3 years+ experience in a law firm library in a reference/research position and expertise in legal and corporate research, required
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master’s degree in Librarianship or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution or JD from an ABA-accredited institution is preferred.
- Familiarity with major IP-specific research platforms including Patent Advisor, Docket Navigator, Innography, Patdocs and Darts-IP, along with standard legal research platforms including Westlaw, VitalLaw, Bloomberg Law, etc
- Some understanding of IP workflows including Patent Litigation, Patent Prosecution and Portfolio Management, ITC Litigation, Trademark & Copyright
- Knowledge of standard research resources including, but not limited to, Westlaw, LexisNexis, Bloomberg Law, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of general electronic research databases, both fee-based and free, subject-specific databases, and legal analytics tools, required
- Excellent communication skills, to effectively deliver and explain research findings to attorneys both verbally and through written summaries and analysis
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and to collaborate with client’s team and other contract researchers to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Reliable internet connection for virtual working
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.