Inventory Specialist - LAC Federal
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Federal is seeking an Inventory Specialist to inspect library book batches and compare call numbers against the Voyager ILS online catalog, MARC records, and shelf list cards in order to flag critical or important errors for problem resolution and accurate inventory. This project is critical to long-term collections access, and intersects with numerous workflows. This is a long term, full-time benefited position (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) at a prestigious federal library on Capitol Hill.
- You will be inspecting and reviewing library materials and ensuring basic data control including but not limited to verifying the integrity of bibliographic, holdings, item records and location data.
- You will flag errors, review corrected items, and route items to their appropriate location
- You will handle various collections, including monographs and serials
- You will apply knowledge of LC classification, LC subject headings, MARC records, foreign language conventions, and shifting collections guidelines
- Demonstrated experience reviewing the completed work of others for quality control
- At least six (6) months experience working in a research library
- Skill in operating keyboards and computers
- Strong attention to and ability to work with great detail
- Knowledge of MARC and RDA preferred
- At least one year of experience working in libraries and with databases
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.