Intellectual Property Researcher (Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Multiple LocationsLAC Group seeks an experienced Intellectual Property Researcher for a temporary position at a prestigious national law firm. The Researcher will be primarily responsible for providing in-depth IP research as needed to support the lawyers, paralegals and other staff. This role is a full-time position that should last about 3 months. Position can be located at any of the firm’s offices in numerous cities in US.
- Provide comprehensive research and reference services, with emphasis on patent research
- Provide training and support of research, particularly in the use of IP research tools
- Assist users in the selection and use of online research tools
- Complete legislative histories and biographies
- Participate in developing and collecting intranet resources
- Work with various practice groups and the marketing department on competitive intelligence resources
- Monitor online databases for practice-specific information
- Process interlibrary loans and other administrative responsibilities as assigned
- MLIS or equivalent advanced degree required; Experience can be substituted for advanced degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a law firm or corporate setting performing primarily patent research
- Experience with a variety of online research tools, including CapitalIQ, Dun and Bradstreet, WestLaw Edge, Lexis, etc.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.