Ingest / Media Coordinator (part-time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New York
LAC Group seeks a part – time freelance Ingest / Media Coordinator to support weekend news broadcast and digital media management needs at an LAC Group client, a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan) with 24/7 operations. Daily tasks include scheduling the recording of incoming satellite feeds, file transfers, as well as crash recording in support of ad-hoc requests from News production staff. In addition, this position will perform regularly scheduled media management tasks to effectively manage server space. This part-time position will work 24 hours per week for the Saturday-Sunday 12 AM – 12 PM shifts.
- Schedule, label and screen satellite feeds using Avid Capture Manager.
- Schedule, label and screen file transfers using Newsgrid
- Schedule, label and screen digital air history recordings (scheduled and crash)
- Process all Digital Media Archive and On Demand orders
- Perform consistent, accurate and complete data entry of metadata in Capture Manager for all recordings
- Perform assorted media management tasks to properly manage digital storage space
- Assist News production staff with scheduled and ad-hoc ingest requests and with finding recorded materials in Unity. These requests may arrive via phone, email, or in person.
- Create database records of video recorded assets and take steps to organize and process within the production workflow.
- Monitor and report on digital storage and project sizes per show daily
- Assist with any ingest, DMC or recording tasks as needed by production staff and / or as assigned by direct supervisor
- Experience managing raw feeds, edited packages and other production materials in a broadcast environment
- Experience working in media management and in support of digital archive environment
- Experience or familiarity with digital workflows as well as broadcast production and post production
- Capable of troubleshooting technical issues with Tech Support groups
- Good organizational, time management and customer service skills essential.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Familiarity and experience within a broadcast environment and specifically with Avid media-software products
- Must be computer proficient, experience with digital asset management (DAM) system a plus
- Must be reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedules provided
- Must be punctual and be able to demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of successfully working independently
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately
- This position is based in a busy digital production environment and the successful candidate must be comfortable working within this to support the daily ebb and flow of physical and digital assets into and out of the media production, broadcast and archive environments.
- Ideal candidate will have had 1 -3 years of similar or related experience.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.