Information Technology Director – LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonInformation Technology Director – LAC Group
Location: Moncton, NB
LAC Group is seeking an Information Technology Director for its Moncton, NB office to work closely with its Clients, Executives and Team Leaders. The IT Director is responsible for developing all aspects of the cloud-based IT Infrastructure. Reporting Directly to the COO, this leader will be responsible for defining, strategizing and envisioning a complex ecosystem, including cloud base applications on AWS, Salesforce and other 3rd party integrations. The position is primarily located in Moncton, NB but can be performed remotely with regularly scheduled visits to the Moncton, NB office. Required Years of Experience: 5+ years, or 10+ years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Drive consistency and standardization of internal processes to ensure quality, consistency, and efficiency.
- Provide solution architecture in finding opportunities to integrate internal systems, reduce redundancy, and increase system and cost efficiencies.
- Partner closely with all other departments to understand their unique technology needs and take ownership over ensuring they have an optimum solution.
- Interact with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business
- Play key role in technology integration for business acquisitions.
- Take ownership of the overall health, resilience, and performance of the IT infrastructure, all software systems, and the hosting of our own web application.
- Work extremely closely (hands on deck) with the software development team to support the SDLC, deployments, DevOps, cloud architecture, and more. Provide best practice for engineering methodology (development, testing, debugging for software and systems)
- Conduct reviews of all the cloud-systems on a time-based schedule, including cost, security, vulnerability and take appropriate action to ensure a viable and effective environment.
- Provide a confident, passionate, informed voice of technical thought leadership across the organization.
- Manage project planning, including allocation of resources, assignment, and coordination.
- Ensure the team is productive, motivated, and accountable.
- Take accountability of 24/7 uptime of all critical systems by utilizing strategies such as monitoring, alerts, software, and service providers.
- Ability to balance diverse requests and prioritize effectively, especially those from management and executives.
- Possess a mindset that is proactive, solution-oriented, and focused on what's best for the team and company.
- Strength in seeing opportunities to improve processes or utilize automation or self-service to drive efficiencies.
- Extremely strong process definition skills, and the ability to implement them and ensure adherence.
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce architecture and development
- Lead architecture, design and development team.
- Be involved in complete SDLC process and lead the delivery.
- Be a mentor for other developer throughout the implementation.
- Have a broad architectural/functional understanding of overall Salesforce strategy and be able to guide and align business needs.
- In-depth understanding and experience with Google Workspace / GSuite
- In-depth understanding of Amazon AWS service including Workspaces
- Knowledge of web development technologies and WordPress
- Experience with Cyber Security and understanding of client-led audits
- 10+ years of industry experience in a similar role, or 5 years of experience in an IT Manager position.
- Experience leading/managing IT teams (Development, Operations, Cyber, Vendors).
- Track record of successful implementations (on-budget and on-schedule).
- Detail-oriented, able to drive teams.
- Practical working experience vs. consulting.
- Must demonstrate expertise in knowledge of Salesforce, code design, architecture to help the team to succeed.
- Must demonstrate expertise in utilizing AWS, both as Saas and IaaS.
- Expertise managing a hybrid enterprise IT infrastructure built on Windows and Google and provide a create solution to reduce risk around it.
- Expertise in managing Google workspace.
- Networking and cybersecurity expertise is an asset.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently, as well as produce high quality technical documentation and analysis.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and SDLS.
- AWS certifications as Developer and/or Architect is an asset.
- Salesforce certification as Developer 1 or 2 and/or any architect is strongly valued.
- LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.