Information Services Director - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los Angeles
LAC Group seeks candidates for an Information Services Director position with a multi-office AMLaw 200 firm. This role will lead and manage a team responsible for research services, budgeting, electronic resource administration, business development support, attorney/staff training and special projects involving information management. The Director will provide leadership to the firm to move forward with innovative and effective best practices in research support and information/knowledge practices. The preferred location of this position is Los Angeles, CA, but we will consider candidates in San Francisco, CA as well.
- Manage internal and external resources utilized in acquiring and disseminating electronic content to the Firm for legal and business research purposes;
- Manage the services, contracts and relationships with the online research vendors;
- Manage the budget, develop standards for collection development and cost recoveries, oversee the Firm’s resources and acquisition policies;
- Conduct library orientation for new attorneys and professional staff;
- Implement training events throughout the year to enhance online legal research skills among attorneys and professional staff;
- Lead and support special projects involving information management for the firm.
- Must have an MLS or the equivalent with at least 7 years of law firm library experience
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience involving on-site and virtual staff
- Self-starter who can integrate with other departments to initiate or participate in projects
- Experience working directly with attorneys, C-suite management and other support teams, specifically in marketing, business and professional development
- Must be articulate and possess excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be technology savvy and interested in staying abreast of new tools and resources
- Knowledgeable and highly conversant in using major legal databases and tools including but not limited to BLAW, Westlaw, LEXIS, Practical Law, etc.;
- Must have a high emotional IQ;
- Project management experience highly desirable;
- Expert knowledge of law library administration and information management with demonstrated knowledge of best practices and current trends and issues applying information technology to libraries and law practice.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.