Information Governance Consultant - LAC Group
Location: UK - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group has an exciting opportunity for an Information Governance Consultant to quality assure, map and validate Regulatory Content in CUBE. CUBE was founded in 2011 to transform the way global financial institutions go about their compliance by leveraging Regulatory Content on the Open Web. CUBE provides an automated approach to identifying, analysing and monitoring global regulatory requirements to automate risk and compliance processes, establishing the world's first automated Regulatory Data Service that monitors every regulatory source globally. The selected individual will provide expert advice to customers on laws and regulations that contain information requirements for businesses and help facilitate customer on-boarding, working collaboratively with CUBE Champions and the Service Delivery team.
- To quality review, approve, map and validate information requirements to ensure current and accurate information about laws and regulations are added to CUBE in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with the CUBE Research Team Leads to identify and provide guidance on required information requirements for a given set of jurisdictions.
- Review and validate research, conducting independent research where necessary.
- Map legislation to relevant CUBE record categories.
- Develop effective and efficient methodologies for quality assurance, mapping and validation
- To provide expert advice to customers on laws and regulations that contain information requirements for businesses:
- Provide draft answers within standard 24 hour SLA or longer SLA agreed with the Information Governance Principal.
- Provide thoroughly researched answers using CUBE, external resources and personal experience from records management practice.
- To facilitate customer on-boarding through records management consultancy:
- Assist with mapping customer to CUBE record types.
- Assist with identifying driver citations for customer retention schedules.
- Identify opportunities to increase retention compliance and to reduce over retention.
- Attend meetings with prospective clients as a Cube legal records expert.
- To develop an in-depth knowledge of the assigned jurisdictions in terms of regulators, regulation, legislation and business sectors currently covered by CUBE.
- To draft forward looking articles on new regulation and legislation that is being developed within the assigned jurisdictions.
- An understanding of information related legislation, and governance, risk and compliance.
- Experience of developing or implementing a records retention schedule
- Good research skills with an ability to analyse and interpret complex information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English (UK).
- Good knowledge of office applications including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint, and ability to work with electronic research resources.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality.
- Team skills.
- Experience working in Financial Services
- A Masters qualification in Records Management
- A degree in Law
- A fluent 2nd language
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.