Information and Research Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - San FranciscoLAC Group is seeking an Information and Research Specialist to work at a highly regarded professional consulting services firm on the West Coast. Reporting to the Director of U.S. Information & Research Centers, the Information & Research Specialist supports all sectors across six U.S. offices in a fast-paced environment, with special focus on the Technology & Media and Healthcare practices. This person will assist consulting staff in their ability to quickly locate data and information. This a full-time position offering excellent compensation and benefits for the right candidate. The candidate must work from the firm’s San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA office, but the role does offer the ability to work remotely on occasion as well.
- Advise the consulting staff on the most likely resources and/or most efficient methods to obtain desired information and data
- Instruct consulting staff on most efficient use of resources
- Conduct searches for case teams on various databases
- Direct consulting staff in the interpretation and accuracy of secondary research results
- Assist the Director in the assessment, selection and management of online, electronic and print resources
- Support upper management and client development teams in gathering information for business development purposes
- Contribute content to the Information & Research Centers’ knowledge bases both for the consulting staff’s reference and for within the IRC group
- Regularly participates in skill development activities both internal and external; Continually deepens and broadens skill set
- Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in supporting business and industry research and analysis preferred
- Working knowledge in online search/retrieval techniques in services such as S&P Capital IQ, Pharmaprojects, EvaluatePharma and Factiva.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team or independently as required.
- The ability to organize work and negotiate workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively manage ambiguity
- Strong problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.