Indexer - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an Indexer to work at the International Monetary Fund in Washington DC. This position will be responsible for supporting indexing operations within the IMF library. The candidate will play a unique role in leveraging auto-classifier tools to improve content access and findability. Additional responsibilities may include helping users with their data and research needs. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Index the IMF documents/publications using the autocategorization (AC) tool and the IMF’s Enterprise Business Vocabularies (EBV). Review, validate and input machine-generated subject terms to improve findability. Work as a member of the cross-department AC team to update and improve business rules when needed.
- Proactively provide feedback on the use of EBV to categorize, search, and retrieve IMF publications and records. Participate as a member of the EBV team to discuss governance issues and propose solutions for the same.
- Support AC legacy documents projects by performing quality control and validation.
- Assist with the mapping of the EBV to external taxonomies (such as LCSH, JEL, Thema and BISAC) and maintain metadata information in the Fund’s external publication management tool (such as Manage or similar applications).
- Create index records for the Bretton Woods collection in the IMF library’s catalog and support other indexing activities as needed.
- Provide library research services to IMF staff by using a variety of print, electronic, and data resources, including economic and financial databases.
- MLS or a similar degree required.
- Two years’ experience indexing with controlled vocabularies and subject terms.
- Ability to develop an understanding of subject matter in economics, finance and international development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work well with multiple teams.
- Willing to learn new technologies and skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage work independently and accurately with minimal mistakes.
- Library experience with emphasis on reference and instruction is preferred.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.