Head Librarian/Project Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - NC - Research Triangle ParkLAC Group is seeking an experienced Head Librarian/Project Manager to provide oversight and management of a federal scientific library located in Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, North Carolina. The PM will supervise a team of five (5) professionals and paraprofessionals, in the planning and execution of all aspects of the library. In collaboration with federal staff, the Head Librarian/Project Manager develops a library management plan. Duties including policies, procedures, and performance standards as well as ensure the training of all project staff of their duties. The Library serves scientific and managerial user communities by providing access to physical and electronic information resources in bioinformatics, biology, toxicology, public health, etc. This position is a full-time position wit benefits.
- Manages Library staff and interfaces with the federal staff.
- Provides oversight and implementation of library services.
- Responds to questions regarding library policies and procedures.
- Obtains feedback from library users in order to assist the library in modifying its services to serve health professionals effectively.
- Facilitates access to information resources.
- Participates as a team member in a variety of special projects that require the individual to have a working knowledge of library systems technology, databases, and software.
- Makes contributions with emphasis on updating or modifying systems, policies, procedures, and methods.
- Responsible for all contract deliverables and plans outreach and marketing activities.
- Provides biomedical research services and specialized literature searching in support of the intramural research community.
- Analyzes potential user groups and identifies appropriate audiences for targeting library services and programs.
- Develops new and innovative information products and services needed by clinical and research groups.
- Retrieves, synthesizes, and reports medical information as a member of a research team.
- Provide comprehensive reference, research, and information services for a broad range of current and retrospective areas of biomedical science in order to create customized products or information packages for customers.
- Develops classes and provides instruction in the use of bibliometric tools, print and electronic resources, bibliographic management software, and other library resources.
- Design, develop, and maintain training materials for Library classes using appropriate software
- Continue professional development by making presentations at and attending conferences, symposia, meetings, and training programs; serving on committees; and making in-house presentations.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent advanced degree, preferably with specialized or government libraries concentration; or equivalent education or work experience required
- Experience in science, medical, or technical libraries.
- Minimum of 10 years of library experience managing and directing librarians and professional library staff
- Experience in project planning and project management and the ability to maintain priorities across multiple projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supervising, training, scheduling and distributing work for non-exempt and exempt level positions required.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.