Head Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Dahlgren
LAC Group is seeking an experienced Head Librarian to work for a Federal library in the Dahlgren, VA area. The Librarian will oversee a geographically dispersed team of librarians and library technicians supporting engineers and researchers by providing highly responsive and comprehensive library services.
- Supervise library operations and compile accurate statistical records
- Sort and shelve materials; remove, repair, or update books and other media
- Circulate library materials
- Set up and maintain an integrated library system
- Catalog library materials
- Work independently while coordinating the work of local and remote staff
- Six (6) years of library experience
- Basic knowledge of library operations including circulation, collections management, cataloging, and reference services
- Ability to compile records and reports
- Experience with an Integrated Library System (ILS), Sirsi EOS preferred
- Ability to set up or work with databases and information systems to catalog and access information
- Ability to work independently and be able to communicate effectively both orally and through formal reports written in specified Government formats.
- MLS or MLIS preferred, but not required
- Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.