Graphic Design & Marketing Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Arlington
LAC Group is seeking a qualified Graphic Design and Marketing Specialist for a federal agency in Washington, D.C. This is a full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position. The Graphic Design and Marketing Specialist will create written and graphical materials (whether printed or digital) to support the overarching goals of the contract and Communications Team. They must be capable of using proven marketing techniques to generate a growing interest and awareness of these efforts. The Graphic Design and Marketing Specialist will report to the Communication Manager. Work will be performed on site. Must be a US citizen.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and help market materials such as, but not necessarily limited to newsletters, flyers, banners, fact sheets, presentations, and templates.
- Produce compelling infographics and visual images, employing various advertising techniques, editing digital images and products, working with advanced graphic design software, and preparing materials for bulk professional printing or digital distribution.
- Have strong familiarity with copyright restrictions, digital image licensing and other intellectual property issues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in communications marketing or related area, graduate degree in a related area is preferred.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience.
- A strong portfolio with a variety of samples required, including samples of infographics and data visualizations.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Captivate and/or Premiere
- experienced in social media management and engagement tools such as Hootsuite.
- Excellent writing and communications skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals
- ability to work independently and in a team environment.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.